Incorporation with a shareholder abroad is possible. There are two alternatives:

Alternative 1:

You have the deed notarized by a notary abroad. For this notary, you also need a so-called apostille on the document. This is a confirmation by an authority that the notary is actually licensed. This possibility exists in most countries.

You can find an overview here:

Alternative 2:

Alternatively, notarizations and certifications by German missions abroad (= embassy) are also possible.

You can find more information at

We will gladly help you to prepare the appropriate documents and powers of attorney for a notarization abroad.